UNIVERSAL MARIMBA COMPETITION APPLICATION EDITION 2022
Marimba Solo - Live
Duo /Chamber music (from duo till octet) - Online
The Competition is open for all nationalities. There is no age limit.
Only a limited number of applicants is allowed. It is therefore strongly recommended to apply as soon as possible. Applications are admitted on a ‘first come-first served’ basis. During the editions before all places were taken.
APPLICATION MARIMBA SOLO - LIVE
1) Application & registration deadline for Marimba Solo: May 1st, 2022.
All applicants mail the application form and needed documents before the deadline of May 1st, 2022.
Once you received a confirmation of your application, you will need to transfer the registration fee to assure your participation before the deadline of June 1st, 2022. All applicants have time until July 15th, 2022 to decide their repertory.
2) Download here the application form Marimba Solo:
3) The competitor send in all application documents by Email before the deadline of May 1st, 2022:
1. The signed application form.
2. One high quality head shot photo.
3. A short curriculum vitae in English.
4. A copy of the bank receipt documenting the application fee..
5. Email the repertoire list before July 15th, 2022.
1) Application & registration deadline for Marimba Duo & Chamber music: May 1st, 2022.
All applicants mail the application form and needed documents before the deadline of May1st, 2022.
Once you received a confirmation of your application, you will need to transfer the registration fee to assure your participation before the deadline of June 1st, 2022. Notice that the Chamber music formations need to indicate on the a full list of all members. All applicants have time until August 1st, 2022 to decide their repertory. and to deliver electronically the list of all public YouTube videolinks which be handled for the jury evaluation.The videolink of the final round will be used as well for the final round video streaming. Notice that the applications will be cancelled in case the transfer is not done and if the video links are not delivered before the deadlines..
All instrumental combinations are welcome.
2) Download here the application form Marimba Chamber music:
1) Marimba Chamber music (duo till octet - all combinations):
2) Marimba duo:
3) The competitor(s) send in all application documents by Email before the deadline of May 1st, 2022:
1. The signed application form..
2. One high quality head shot photo (duo or ensemble).
3. A short curriculum vitae in English.
4. A copy of the bank receipt documenting the application fee.
5. Deliver electronically the list with all public YouTube videolinks before August 1st, 2022.
-The list includes, as an alternative of a live concert, the YouTube videolinks, grouped by each Competition round. Each competition round need to be performed and recorded in one session at the same location and on the same date, without editing and cuts.
-It is not allowed to add past done recordings, posted video's or releases.
-There are no specific acoustic requirements for the none edited recordings.
All candidates can realize their recording at own ability. It is important however to have a most optimal acoustic recording without mixing and cuts and to set up the marimba(s) & instruments with a clear overview of the performer(s) and if possible to add video slices of your name(s) and tittles of performed works.
- Video link 1: The first round marimba duo (max.15') - free program
- Video link 2: The semi-final marimba duo (max. 20') - free program
- Video link 3: The Final round recital marimba duo (max. 30')- set piece + free program
- Video link 1: The first round marimba Chamber music (max.15') - free program
- Video link 2: The semi-final marimba Chamber Music (max.20') - free program
- Video link 3: The Final round recital marimba Chamber music (max. 30') - free program
Marimba Solo: 250 Euro
Marimba Chamber music: 300 Euro
Registration fee has to be paid before the deadline of June 1st, 2022 by bank transfer in order to guarantee your participation. Bank cheque will not be allowed. The entry fee is not refundable regardless the outcome of the Competition and should be transferred net (excluding transfer costs) to the bank account below, indicated by your name, Competition 2022 and your competition registration number. Notice that applications will be cancelled if the transfer is not done. Inform us any changes of your contact address and/or Email address. Your application can be cancelled in case the organization is not able to reach you due to occurring changes.
Bank information: Argenta Bank NV / address: Burgemeester Heymansplein 6, 3581 Beverlo - Belgium
Account-holder: marimba-projects vzw / address: Huidevetterslaan 1A, 3500 Hasselt- Belgium
Account-number: 979-9596266-61, Swift-code: ARSPBE22, IBAN-number: BE62-9799-5962-6661
Outside Europe: routing Bank - ING BELGIUM - , routing number BBRUBEBBXXX
Transfer reference: your name, registration number candidate + UMCB 2022
APPLICATION FORM & MATERIALS
1) Contact the secretariat to receive by Email the application form 2022.
2) Or download here the application forms.
By Email: email@example.com